I have recently added a new feature- mouseover any illustration tagged "sketches" to see the original

7/22/2010

pallas cat

I was so enchanted with this video, tried drawing a few pallas cats myself. They are small wildcats of Siberia, with long thick fur, small heads and tiny ears set low on a broad face. My first sketch was entirely from memory:
then I looked at photos again and saw I had the markings wrong the forehead has spots not stripes, so I did this sketch to fix the coat pattern:
and this one
this drawing available here

and another final one dashed off looking at photo ref, which really gets the face impression down but it was so quick nothing polished
 on all the eyes are still too large as I was stuck by their expression like a wide-eyed stare but hey, that was fun!

No comments: