I have recently added a new feature- mouseover any illustration tagged "sketches" to see the original

7/15/2012

many deer

Yesterday I had the most wonderful time. My husband took the kids to an interactive art exhibit and I got to spend three hours at the Museum of Natural History, drawing. It's been a long time since I had a chance to do that- in fact, when I look back at the sketches I did before, it was exactly a year ago, in july. I sketched over fifty animals. My hands and eyes tired but mostly happy with the results. Going to post as many as I can over the next few days, in groups.

Here are the deer. The first one, a fallow deer, is I think my favorite drawing from the entire day, even though that outstretched foreleg is rather awkward.
white-tailed deer:
muntjac:
chinese water deer, this one has fangs!
 caribou:

1 comment:

MOM said...

What a great time you must of had. I'm glad you got to go.