I have recently added a new feature- mouseover any illustration tagged "sketches" to see the original

1/25/2013

still lifes

It's been a long time since I drew a still life. And also a long time since I did a drawing lesson with my older daughter. We've been going through a book but she lost interest several months ago. The other night we picked up the book again and did a lesson together. These first drawings (mine and hers) were following the sample photograph in the book (I liked mine better before I added the wheat stalks to the vase!)
Then I showed her how she could find other objects around the house to draw and we sat down again to draw a britta pitcher and glass of water, which she chose and set up:
She set up a third one on her own, drew a metal napkin-holder (empty) in front of one of my SIP plants (geranium). The plant isn't finished but we both liked her initial progress:

No comments: