mouseover any illustration tagged "sketches" to see the original drawing

7/17/2012

kids

Last night I tried to draw my kids from my own photos. Faces are hard enough to draw, especially when it's someone you know (if you get the least detail wrong, it just doesn't look like them). Children's faces are particularly difficult, at least for me. You work too much on a child's face and it looks awful, needs to stay minimal lines. Well, I did my best and it's a lot better than my last attempt but I still have a long way to go. (It's the mouths that are wrong. If you cover that up and just look at the eyes and top of head, it almost looks recognizable like my kids).

This first I did from a photo taken just a month ago.
the second sketch I did was from when the youngest was five or six months old.
I have to do this more often. There's no other way to get better at drawing people, than to just draw them!

No comments: