mouseover any illustration tagged "sketches" to see the original drawing

1/01/2018

my other art: scrabble pictures

Nearly a year ago I wrote this post, and then didn't follow up because I was stuck on the process (and had computer issues). Well, I have now figured it out. After fifteen years of idly recording Scrabble games (and Words with Friends)- not to study anything for improving my play, but just because I found the shapes of a finished game board intriguing- I finally decided to paint some of them. I discovered a way to integrate the lettering into the artwork with the effect I've been envisioning. End result: I have re-opened my Etsy shop, with the hope that a few sales will enable me to buy more paint, and keep creating them.

For a long time I'd been making drawings of them on 4 x 5" cards, with colored pencil and permanent ink, just for the fun of it. All those are shown on my blog at jscrabbleart.blogspot.com. It's such a different thing from my vector illustrations I decided to keep that site separate from this one.
So I won't be creating vector illustrations quite as frequently now, although when I have down time between paintings, need a break into a different process, or am waiting for layers to dry (making the scrabble paintings takes ten different steps), I'll certainly come back to this- I do still love drawing.

A new venture for a new year!

No comments: