mouseover any illustration tagged "sketches" to see the original drawing

10/23/2011

cheetah lesson

with my daughter again; my sketch:
and hers (she got tired of drawing spots):
She got to see here the advantages/drawbacks of the different media firsthand. She noticed right away when opened her sketchbook that her zebra drawing of the day before had gotten a little smudged and faded (some of the graphite on the stripes rubbed off). On the other hand, she does lots of erasing when trying to get the angles of the legs and proportions right, so that's a plus for pencils. Then she saw what happened to my drawing: a cheetah with a forked tail! ha ha. I sketched the tail too short at first so simply redrew it but there's no erasing ink. I think I've convinced her to stay with pencil for a while; it will be less frustrating.

No comments: