mouseover any illustration tagged "sketches" to see the original drawing

11/15/2006

Mother Nature 1


The first hour of work. With a two year old in attendance, mind! That means for every five minutes of painting I put the brushes down and spent four to twelve minutes helping her, answering a question, etc. That's what I get for being too eager to try out this new stuff, and not wait until nine pm when she's sleeping.


Another hour or two, later in the evening. It's quiet, the child is dreaming, and I am painting. Time forgets about me...

I'm using Artisan water mixable oil colours. It is quite a shift going from months and months of pastel painting back to oils. Felt a bit unfamiliar at first, but now that I've got the colors going on smooth and creamy, I feel like singing! I don't want to touch the leaves much again here, they feel just about perfect.

No comments: