mouseover any illustration tagged "sketches" to see the original drawing

10/14/2006

Finding Things

As an artist, I tend to pay a lot of attention to how things look. My eyes are constantly looking, seeing. At the shapes of things, how colors fit together, where lines converge, movement in the trees that might unfold itself into a deer, or something more grand...

Little things get caught in my eyes, too. Small objects make their way home in my pockets, from where they have been waiting forgotten on the ground. In one week alone I have found a tiny yellow rubber duck with a keychain ring, a small running horse, a memory card that fits my digital camera, a butterfly made out of beads, a necklace chain, and a handful of blue beads that I strung into a pretty bracelet.

Perhaps I ought to advertise: Finder of Lost Things!

No comments: